Greetings, I need HELP!!!

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by coach, Nov 22, 2010.

1. coach

coach Member

Brand new to the idea of 3D television. Still have a good HDTV from about 6 years ago.. but thinking of taking the plunge in 3D.. here are my first set of questions:

1. Found a "good deal" at Sams Club here in Louisiana- a Sony KDL55HX801P 55" LCD-LED 240 Hz 3D TV with the 3D "Sensor Bar" 2 pair of glasses, & wifi adapter all included for $1997.00
    But while reading a few reviews an owner said there was a 4 3D glasses limit with the TV.. Is this True??? Does it have to do with the "Sensor Bar"?

2. If I buy the Samsung 7000 series (or the Sony LX900 series) with the 3d "built in" does that mean that I can have as many glasses as I want (or can afford)?

3. Do any of you have a preference to any brand? It seems the "big three" are- Samsung, Sony, and Panasonic..

4. Can I buy any 3D movie and play it on my playstation 3, and see it in 3D- Samsung, Panasonic, or Sony Bundled movies???

5. What will I need to purchase besides the TV, and Glasses to enjoy the full effect of 3D.. do I need a new receiver, speakers ( I have 5.1 Surround set up already), and a seperate 3D Blu-ray Player ( I have a playstation3)?

Thanks in advance...

coach, Nov 22, 2010
  2. coach

coach Member

Anybody here?

coach, Nov 22, 2010
  3. coach

VeeJay Member

As far as question 5 goes. No, your current surround sound is compatable and will not need to be replaced. I'll assume that the 3D package you get with the glasses will include an "emitter" which sends the signal from the TV to the glasses.

V.J.

VeeJay, Nov 23, 2010
  4. coach

coach Member

Thanks VeeJay

Can anyone help with the other questions....?

coach, Nov 26, 2010
  5. coach

podgypig Active Member

ps3 plays 3d blu rays with latest firmware. needs 1.4 hdmi cable.

you can use as many shutter glasses as you like around one tv

podgypig, Feb 6, 2011
  6. coach

podgypig Active Member

panasonic are by far the best active monitors at the moment. LG passives are superior to this though.

There should be no limit to the number of glasses you can use around one tv and emitter

podgypig, Feb 6, 2011
Ask a Question