General set up and ghosting issues

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by dlads, Sep 11, 2011.

1. dlads

dlads New Member

Hi all,

First post here and this looks like just the place to pick peoples brains :)

Anyway, heres my set up.

I have a 47 inch LED LG tv with 7 pairs of passive glasses.
    AMD Phenom 2 x4 BE @ 3.8Ghz
    MSI 790FX Motherboard
    4 gig Ram
    ATI HD 6870 Asus Graphics card

So, i have watched Avatar in 3D straight from my hard drive and it was brilliant, it was a side by side video and after i changed the viewpoint from the tv it appeared pretty good, very little ghosting and ultimately watchable, very good : )

Then i tried to watch Thor, which is not natively full screen on my TV, so i used steroscopic player to stretch it out and again watched it in side by side, although this time there was a little bit too much ghosting and it made the film a little unwatchable, i tried to alter the viewpoint via the TV but it made very little difference, now there are a tonne of options on both the TV and the PC but i'm a little short on knowledge seeing as this is my first 3D TV.

I'd like to know the controls a little better or maybe just the main ones which are used to get the picture right, on the fly would be nice too, it's a bit of a pain because as soon as i press 3D on the tv, the PC desktop is split and it's quite hard to navigate menus and such, if theres something specific i could be looking for then any pointers would be great.

Also seeing as i've got a 3D tv i've wanted to play games, but i've been unable to do so, i've got the switch on the TV to be able to upscale it from 2D to 3D but it's nowhere near as good as the side by side i saw when i viewed Avatar, even Crysis 2 (which i bought as soon as it came out) has the 3D greyed out (apparently this is a limitation with ATI cards and Nvidia have sole rights??)

I've tried to use iz3d and tridef but i don't yield very good results from them and with some settings my PC lags which is just awful seeing as i have a pretty decent PC.

Any info on any or all of the issues i've mentioned would be fantastic, i'm book marking this website right now and i look forward to all or any responses.

Cheers.

dlads, Sep 11, 2011
  2. dlads

tuareg Member

I have quite a similar setup except for a smaller 32" LG passive 3D TV.. I tried and then bought Tridef as 2D movies and 2D games are working well in it. Much much better than the LG native 2D to 3D.
    Regards

tuareg, Apr 20, 2012
  3. dlads

Erik Schoolcraft Member

You need to swich to Frame Packing for the AMD processor to pick up the image.

Erik Schoolcraft, Nov 27, 2019
Ask a Question