Fujifilm 3DW3 Camera

Discussion in '3D Cameras' started by Bill Klein, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Bill Klein

Bill Klein Member

I'm thinking about buying a Fujifilm 3DW3 camera. The literature I've read suggests that the camera will interface with any 3D TV. I want to make sure it will interface with my Sony 3D TV (model # KDL46HXW3) before I buy the camera. Anyone have any experience interfacing the camera with a Sony 3D TV?

Can you edit the pictures on the 3DW3 camera any then view them on the TV?

Any coments on the camera?

Bill Klein, Aug 17, 2011
  2. Bill Klein

Bill Klein Member

I've figured it out for myself but haven't figured out how to delete the thread.

Bill Klein, Aug 26, 2011
  3. Bill Klein

neilp New Member

Bill - does the Camera hdmi output a 1.4 3d compatible output for all TVs or is there some kind of side by side output?

neilp, Aug 30, 2011
  4. Bill Klein

Bill Klein Member

The camera(s) build an mpo file for each stereo picture. As far as I know, any 3D TV with an hdmi input will produce a stereo image for each mpo file. I'm not sure what the mpo file format looks like, but my cameras (NEX 5, W3) have no options for side-by-side, over-under. You ask the camera to make a stereo picture and it produces an mpo file.

Bill

Bill Klein, Aug 30, 2011
  5. Bill Klein

Holger New Member

Hi Bill,
    do you have some more information about the mpo format?
    Which software can be used for viewing it?
    And how are the L and R images arranged inside the mpo-file?

Cheers
    Holger

Holger, Feb 9, 2012
  6. Bill Klein

Bill Klein Member

Hi Holger

To answer your questions

do you have some more information about the mpo format?

MPO (MultiPictureObect) is just a file containing multiple JPEG images. For 3D purposes it is a file with a stereo pair.

Which software can be used for viewing it?

I use Stereo Photo Maker to open, edit and save the files. When a file is opened, it shows as a side-by-side stereo pair on your computer screen. The program has various editing option to include alignment of the stereo pair, and even conversion to anaglyphs. The files can be resaved in MPO format (for viewing on a 3D TV, for instance), or in JPEG format as the stereo pair (for viewing on any viewer that will open JPEG files, or for printing). The image pairs can be viewed using a viewer or with practice, you can train your eyes to view the pair as a single stereo image. The software can be downloaded for free. Look for Stereo Photo Maker or stphmkre on the Web.

And how are the L and R images arranged inside the mpo-file?I really don’t know what they look like in the file. Probably just a bunch of 0’s and 1’s. stphmkre opens the file as a side-by-side stereo pair.

I’m sure that there is other software that will open MPO files and I bet they all open as side-by-side JPEG images. Stereo Photo Maker is free and it works great. I haven’t tried any other software to use with MPO files.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Bill Klein, Feb 10, 2012
  7. Bill Klein

benoitmichel Member

1) .MPO files are simply two .jpg files concatenated one after the other. You may create a .MPO fil with the COPY MS-DOS command "copy L.jpg+R.jpg LR.MPO". The result is a single LR.MPO file.

2) If you rename a .MPO file with a .JPG extension, you just see the first (left) image as the operating system don't know a second image is stacked after the first one.

3) Try the free MPOTollbox (http://stereoscopynews.com/download/software/654-mpo-toolbox.html) to convert MPO to various other formats.

Regards,

Benoit MICHEL

benoitmichel, Feb 13, 2012
Ask a Question