FinePix REAL 3D W1 Camera

Discussion in 'News' started by Ian, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Fuji have announced the "FinePix REAL 3D W1" camera which is able to take stereoscopic photos, which you can view on a stereo monitor or even print on lenticular paper. At 10MP, this camera will also double up as a good point-and-shoot camera in 2D mode. Thankfully, a small autostereoscopic display sits on the rear of the camera which allows you to preview your 3D photos.

There is some more technical information in an old Fuji Press Release here.

CNet Asia have a preview of the camera, which gives away some more hints.

Ian, Aug 10, 2009
  2. Ian

barry5054 New Member

Fujifilm Finepix Real 3D W1 camera

I have been using this camera for a few days now and look forward to being able to upload images to this forum! I would also like to say that with the help of StereoPhoto Maker, the images taken can be viewed on the Zalman Trimon 3D monitors. I shall be adding details and images to my website soon - see the 'Links' page for details.

Barry

barry5054, Oct 13, 2009
  3. Ian

You're the first person I know to get one of these Barry - it must be great fun to have a product like that in your hands :D

How would you rate it so far?

I've been away for a while, but I'm going to try and get an image gallery on the site so you can share images on here (at the moment it might have to be via attachments to posts, but I will improve that).

Ian, Oct 22, 2009
  4. Ian

cchelford Member

What format are the pictures in Barry?

cchelford, Nov 5, 2009
  5. Ian

gevg New Member

MPO format

gevg, Nov 7, 2009
  6. Ian

Vsevolod New Member

work with MPO files

Latest version of STOIK Imagic 5.0.4 (http://www.stoik.com/imagic) can split MPO files such as made by FujiFilm FinePix Real 3D W1 into standard JPEGs, generate stereo pairs (JPS, PNS), and anaglyphs. STOIK Imagic is free, but some advanced features will require purchase of activation key after initial 30 days. Splitting of MPO into JPEGs is available in free version.

Vsevolod, Jan 21, 2010
  7. Ian

steve24fps New Member

FinePix Real 3D W1

I've had this camera for about a week. I'm surprised that the software that comes with it doesn't allow the manipulation of 3D images. Other software is needed, but this is not stated anywhere in the Real 3D W1 literature. 2 pairs of cardboard anaglyph glasses are even included in the package. But these are useless without the other software. I use Stereo Photo Maker, which is a free download. It does a great job of taking the MPO files created by the camera and creating 3D images of many different varieties. Two types of files can be created by the camera: MPO and JPEG. The camera seems to do a great job of taking 3D stills and movies, as long as you have the software you need to work with them.

steve24fps, Feb 23, 2010
  8. Ian

That's a shame they don't include all the software you'd expect - as not everyone buying the W1 will be as stereo-savvy.

How would you rate it so far? I'm keen on getting a stereo camera sometime this year, but I've been holding on to see what other cameras come to the market. :)

Ian, Feb 24, 2010
  9. Ian

HerniaBay Member

It sounds like it is a gimmick too far

HerniaBay, Mar 31, 2010
Ask a Question