Cyberlink power dvd dropped 3D playback

Discussion in 'Stereo Software' started by Technition-Ted, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Technition-Ted

Technition-Ted Active Member

Latest version of power dvd has no 3d support. The older ones do but the cripto keys for playing any new releases will be needed. There is nothing on Cyberlinks sit as to when they will stop supporting 3D crypto keys but if they do then we won't be able to use this software any more.

On a good note VCL does have a crypto key capability there is sites that give crypto key packages but I haven't managed to get it working yet

I'm concerned that dvd fab and any dvd will not have as much business as the devise of disk media continues, they have branched out into streaming tools but I can't see many paying for the software.
    This could leave us high and dry for any future Japanese 3D releases.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

I think Cyberlink is being very short sighted and can't see why they wouldn't just include it as a legacy format.
    Does this mean Cyberlink could stop playback support for older file formats?

I'd keep your old versions just in case
    Hopefully raspberry pie will evolve enough so it can be adapted for earlier versions of windows (it can do win95 & Win98 already) so if we need to play old formats then we can.
    Hopefully VCL will support 3D

Technition-Ted, Jan 29, 2023
Ask a Question