Convert 3D blu-ray content to normal media files (mkv, avi, wmv) with 3D effects

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by mickey, Dec 27, 2010.

1. mickey

mickey New Member

Hi every one,

I am first time in this forum. Very nice to know everyone here.
    I am trying DVDFab to convert/rip a 3D movie on blu-ray disc to pc and convert it to mkv file.
    After that I played the converted mkv file on Toshiba Satellite A665 which is equipped Nvidia 3D technology.
    I used Nvidia 3D glasses to watch the movie (the mkv file played on Toshiba laptop)
    However, the screen is split into 2 screens and I did not see any 3D effects.
    Is there anyone knows the reason?
    Can you help me find the problem?

Thank you.
    Nice to meet you all.

mickey, Dec 27, 2010
  2. mickey

Gleneagles Member

Mickey: I am intrigued with your conversion technique. Since I'm not working yet with Nvidia or other shutter glasses systems, I can't help you there, but the parallel images display is VERY interesting for me.

I use prism glasses for viewing 3D pairs on the monitor. They are very low-tech, but there's no color distortion and no flickering. I think this is the way to go until I can afford to invest in an HD 3D system. Since HD 3D currently has several competing formats, I'm going to wait until the dust settles before I buy.

Berezin dot com has a couple of options for 3D viewing with parallel pairs. They have prism glasses for both side-by-side and over/under (KMQ), and there's a one-eye viewer which I haven't tried yet.

Most people experience 3D as overlapped images with those colored red/cyan anaglyph glasses, but there's a lot of color distortion, so I'd avoid those if you're looking for natural colors. Polarized glasses only work with projection systems like your local movie theater. Berezin also sells viewers with lenses (like the old stereopticons), but they have a short focal length which makes them only suitable for very close-up viewing. Prism glasses (or those which use mirrors) are the way to go, if you're not committed to shutter glasses.

Gleneagles, Dec 29, 2010
  3. mickey

billqs New Member

You might want to try the folks over at avsforum who have an extensive information on Home Theater PC's or the forums at Doom9 who specialize in manipulating video on the computer. Hope this helps!

billqs, Dec 29, 2010
  4. mickey

Erikpa New Member

Erikpa, Feb 28, 2011
  5. mickey

goto001 New Member

Goto Mkv Maker help you convert Blu-ray/DVD discs to mkv format just one-click. It converts the video clips from proprietary (and usually encrypted) disc into a set of MKV files with keeping the original information. The MKV format can store multiple video/audio tracks with all meta-information and preserve chapters. There are many players that can play MKV files nearly on all platforms, and there are tools to convert MKV files to many formats, including DVD and Blu-ray discs. With full supports for BD decryption, it is capable of cracking BD+ and AACS copy protections applied in BD discs up to lastest MKB v26.

Additionally Goto MKV Maker can instantly stream decrypted video without intermediate conversion to wide range of players, so you may watch Blu-ray and DVD discs with your favorite player on your favorite OS or on your favorite device.

goto001, Aug 19, 2011
Ask a Question