content for 3D TV

Discussion in '3D TVs' started by rusty, Apr 30, 2010.

1. rusty

rusty New Member

Does anyone here know how to get standard stereo vis players such as "Stereoscopic Viewer" or 3D vis programs like paraview or mayavi to work on a samsung 3DTV when the input comes from a HDMI cable?

I have a stereo setup that uses two graphics cards (one left and one right) which drive two projectors and with this set up the software recognises the two screens and splits the image to each accordingly. But when I tried running the content I had developed from my laptop through a Samsung at my local store we could not seem to get the right combination of settings to get it to work.

Thanks for any advice.

Tim

rusty, Apr 30, 2010
  2. rusty

karimahmad Member

Tim,

This is a difficult one.

The way I see it is that you currently have two graphics cards running a left and right image each onto two projectors which, I assume, you overlay with eachother to create one 3D image (very inventive BTW :) ).

If you are running this from your laptop you may need to purchase something like a 3D HDMi device/peripheral OR if you are running from a PC then I suggest looking at: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Requirements.html to purchase the right graphics card for the job.

I hope this helps in some way.

Regards

Karim

karimahmad, May 6, 2010
  3. rusty

K. L. Morris Member

I am not here to contribute anything to this thread. However, I am here to thank you for exposing me to this valuable information. Thanks

K. L. Morris, Jun 19, 2010
Ask a Question