Cheap 3D headset suggestoins please

Discussion in '3D VR Headsets' started by new3duser, Jul 10, 2021.

1. new3duser

new3duser New Member

Hi,

I am looking for a 3D headset that can show 3D SBS films. I don't have a PlayStation 2. Can anyone suggest anything? Doesn't have to be fancy as may not alike it and might want to sell on in a few months, thanks.

new3duser, Jul 10, 2021
  2. new3duser

Nima New Member

Do you have a smartphone, game console, or Windows PC?

What is your budget?

I'll start with my opinion on the BEST available options, and if they don't work for you then let me know what your limitations are.

For smartphones, I strongly recommend the Zeiss VR One. It's very comfortable and has great lenses.

For game consoles, if you have a PS4, PS4 Pro, or PS5, then of course you should get the PSVR. It's primarily for games, but it supports 3D photos and videos too, including Blu-ray 3D.

If you have a Windows PC with a decent graphics card, you're going to want the HP Reverb G2. It has a fantastic, high-fidelity image. You can use software like Virtual Desktop to view 3D photos, videos, and games in the headset.

Nima, Jul 13, 2021
  3. new3duser

Technition-Ted Active Member

Hi I don't know if you solved this but you can use a playstation 4 VR headset without a PS 4 there is utube videos showing you how to set it up then use a laptop to vew SBS 3D.
    VR headsets are dropping in price and you can get a second hand one for about £70

If your using a computer then you can use the Nvidia setup but you will need a comparable monitor and graphics card
    I managed to get a setup in bits from CEX for an ok price
    Let me know how you got on
    Ted

Technition-Ted, Jan 2, 2023
  4. new3duser

Technition-Ted Active Member

Just an update.
    Found Nvidia 3d glasses and the emitter at CEX for £30 managed to get a 144hz monitor for £90 got it working on windows 7 with SDS films
    They look great if you look directly at the screen

Found more glasses on eBay for £14 new old stock. They all need new battery's but these can be found on eBay or AliExpress easy to change too.

Another way to get a cheap setup to watch 3D films and there's still games out there that support 3D

Technition-Ted, Jan 29, 2023
Ask a Question