Cheap 3d Glasses?

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by jacobpope1, Aug 5, 2010.

1. jacobpope1

jacobpope1 New Member

I just bought a samsung 8000 series 3d TV. I was wondering is there any cheap 3d glasses that work with it that still give you some 3d experience? reason i ask is because i usually have like 20 people over on movie nights and i have yet to do any 3d movies just because i dont have 2k to spend on glasses. Like those old cheap plastic red/green ones? Or will it just be an epic fail?

jacobpope1, Aug 5, 2010
  2. jacobpope1

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums, Jacob!

As the TV uses active shutter glasses, you'll probably need to use the Samsung ones (in time perhaps cheaper LCD shutter glasses with come to market). But for now there isn't a low cost way of doing this - those red/green glasses won't do much unfortunately ;)

Ian, Aug 9, 2010
  3. jacobpope1

VeeJay Member

Having a Superbowl party ... B.Y.O.G.

I think as things develop that everyone will own a pair of 3D Glasses for when they are invited to a friends house for a film or sporting event in 3D. Of course the glasses would have to be usable on various brands which I think are available right now. Glasses, I'm told, have a little chip in them which recognize the different brand signals and formats. I own 2 pair of the Mitsubishi glasses for my set, but I'm ordering a pair of Xpand glasses to see which are better (as there are 3 in my household). Before I buy though, I'm aware of Xpand for Mitsubishi DLP sets specifically, but I'll shop for a Universal set which recognizes Mitsu and Sony etc. and then try them out at work where my company has an Electronics department.

(B.Y.O.G. means Bring Your Own Glasses of course.)

V.J.

VeeJay, Aug 17, 2010
  4. jacobpope1

Impaler New Member

Response to 3-d question on glasses type.

If they are powered glasses, I expect they are. then it only works with shutter glasses, you can get those classes from other suppliers though. manufacturing cost of those type of rechargable glasses is around 50 dollars. Plus shipping to USA.

Impaler, Nov 4, 2010
Ask a Question