Channel 4 - 3D Week

Discussion in 'News' started by Ian, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

If you are in the UK, then there is a real treat coming next week! Channel 4 are running a 3D week, using ColorCode glasses. You can pick up your free specs at Sainsburys supermarkets and then tune in to watch the shows:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/themes/3d-week-programmes

This should give people a little 3D TV taster, even if the technology used is quite basic.

Let us know what you think if you watch it :)

Ian, Nov 13, 2009
  2. Ian

3DTV New Member

I have recorded this but have yet to find a pair of glasses that work. I have tried 2 pairs from different cinema's to no avail. Wonder if sainsburys are still doing them?

3DTV, Jan 28, 2010
  3. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

I don't think you can get these from sainsburys any more unfortunately. The glasses used were "ColorCode 3-D", so you may be able to find some online by searching for them. :)

Ian, Jan 29, 2010
  4. Ian

alexi_drago Active Member

Something wierd happened with this with my TV setup, I can't remember the exact details but it was something like this:

I had virgin cable going into a Samsung DVD/HDD recorder with HDMI out to Samsung (non smart) TV.

I recorded the 3D programmes and watched them while they were on and the 3D effect was very poor, as it was also when I played them back off the recorder. However, when I wrote the recorded programme to DVD, and played them back through the PS3 possibly with game mode on, the 3D effect was much better.

I think somewhere in the process of the image getting to the screen, something somewhere was trying to align the colour channels, in this case the blue was one eye channel and green/red for the other eye but the processing somewhere was trying to align the blue with the green/Red and destroying the 3D effect.

alexi_drago, Aug 19, 2015
Ask a Question