Car show video in 3D

Discussion in '3D Video' started by Toast, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Toast

Toast Member

Finally had some time to figure out working with my 3D video files. My daughters and I put together a car show video that contains some footage shot in 3D.

The 3D footage was captured with a GoPro two camera setup.

Toast, Nov 17, 2022
  2. Toast

Toast Member

New version. I updated the color and contrast of some of the 3D footage.

It looks like I'm a little late to this party but any constructive criticism is welcomed.

Toast, Nov 28, 2022
  3. Toast

Technition-Ted Active Member

Hi Toast,
    What did you use to author your video and did it work on a 3D TV?
    I've just started with a Panasonic camcorder with a 3D lens. I've done a few 2D to 3D conversions using DVD Fab they turned out ok but can't get anything to jump out at people so I'm trying davinci resolve next as it looks like you can make pop out effects.

What's your preference? Depth only or depth with popouts?
    Ted

Technition-Ted, Jan 2, 2023
  4. Toast

Toast Member

Hi Ted,

I used Sony Vegas to edit the video together. The camera setup I use is a kit that syncs two older GoPro cameras and creates two video files that Vegas recognizes as a Left and Right image.

I haven't experimented with getting images to pop out other that capturing footage at different distances. Sometimes it looks okay, sometimes it just gets blurry.

I used the process stated here to create a rendered video that Youtube recognizes as 3D and displays properly.

Toast, Jan 13, 2023
  5. Toast

Technition-Ted Active Member

Have you been able to author any 3D Blu-Ray disks that will work with Blu-ray players?
    I've tried a few like DVDFab and Nero without success the disks work in some and not others or just not at all. It's a bit random.

I haven't tried utube yet
    Thank you for the link, I'm looking at as much 3D software as I can before it starts disappearing

Cyberlink has remove support from it's computer video playing software (very foolish in my mind)
    Have a great day
    Ted

Technition-Ted, Jan 14, 2023
  6. Toast

Toast Member

Used the same settings to render this video but Youtube doesn't seem to recognize it's 3D. Does it work for any of you?

Toast, Apr 9, 2023
  7. Toast

Toast Member

Here is our latest!

My phone and TV recognize it's 3D but when I play it on my computer it stays in side by side. o_O

Toast, Jul 4, 2023
  8. Toast

Toast Member

More cars, more 3D. Enjoy!

Toast, Sep 4, 2023
Ask a Question