Avatar 3D - Have you seen it yet?

Discussion in '3D Movies' started by karimahmad, Jun 3, 2010.

1. karimahmad

karimahmad Member

Hi all.

I only just recently watched Avatar on DVD and can only imagine what the 3D version would look like.

For those that havn't seen it yet, Avatar is the latest movie from James (not David ;)) Cameron and as is 'the norm' with James Cameron, he has taken years to realise his dream of the fantastic 3D world of Pandora created with the latest revolutionary film-making techniques and technology.

Avatar is the latest 'Abyss' or 'Matrix' and has been sold out in most IMAX and Odeon cinemas for a number of months now.

I first tried to book the 3D Experience at the IMAX in London back before Xmas 2009, but it was fully booked until Feb 2010..!

Anyway, sorry for rambling; as I mentioned I finally managed to get hold of the Blu-ray DVD of Avatar last week and have already watched it four times. It is definatlely a leap forward in technology as well as a very visual and emotional movie.

I have also been able to book tickets to go and see it at the IMAX in London in July and can't wait to see 'Pandora' the way James wanted me to...

Have you seen it yet?, If so what did you think of it as a film? What did you think of it as a 3D experience?

If you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend you see it as soon as possible.

Karim

karimahmad, Jun 3, 2010
  2. karimahmad

Fradge Member

Hi karim i went to my local imax back in march and it was fantastic in 3d.
    You felt like you could reach out and touch things as they floated by your eyes it was so good that i will wait till xmas to buy the 3d version on blueray and as i have just bought a new 50 inch panasonic 3d tv it should be amazing.

Fradge, Jun 7, 2010
  3. karimahmad

K. L. Morris Member

avatar was amazing in 3D. Trust me! Avatar made me want to have a 3D home theater in my own home...

K. L. Morris, Jun 19, 2010
  4. karimahmad

coach Member

Has anyone seen it on a Panasonic (or any other) 3D home set???

coach, Apr 6, 2011
  5. karimahmad

Alex33 New Member

I watched on my Samsung T.V. There are some parts, the plants pop out from the monitor : ))

Alex33, May 7, 2014
  6. karimahmad

Phantom23 Member

No, unfortunately haven't got a chance to watch it yet :( :(

Phantom23, Jul 25, 2014
  7. karimahmad

Phantom23 Member

I'm back and I've watched the 3D version! It was so much better than the normal movie... 3D gives all the characters so much of life and character. Now I know what you meant when you said 'the plants pop out from the monitor'. :D

Phantom23, Nov 24, 2014
Ask a Question