Discussion in '3D Gaming' started by leelee, May 15, 2011.

1. leelee

leelee New Member

Hi guys.

Just found the site and after a reading a few threads it seems like a great place.

I have a small problem was hoping thta maybe someone out there knows a fix.

Been trying for the past few hours to get Avatar to play in 3d but for some reason I can't get it to work.I can watch a 3d bd through the ps3, but when i select to play in 3d option on the avatar ps3 game all as i can see is the the game switch to 3d but when I put on my glasses, there is no 3d effects, just the fuzzy double images of 3d.

Have checked all my settings and everything seems fine and the fact that the tv is showing the 3d images has me at a loss.

Trying to play it on the Pana vt20a.

I know people have played it in 3d, but was wondering if anyone else has expereinced the same problems I have and how did you fix it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Lee

leelee, May 15, 2011
  2. leelee

5Deck.com Member

Hm, if the dual-images are showing up but your glasses are not filtering out the opposing images it could be a few things. First, if you are using active shutter glasses they need to be synced/charged to work properly. If they are and its still not working, it's possible that the vt20a uses spliced images on the same screen with polarized (passive) glasses. Unfortunately, it's really hard to tell from Panasonic's website which type of glasses it uses, and if the 3D from the game is not made using the same setup so the glasses won't properly filter the time or polarity differentiated light. There may be an option in the PS3 Menu or in the game to adjust the type of 3D presentation to match your TV/glasses, but if you have the type that works differently from the only one available you may not be able to play in 3D.

Hopefully active or passive 3D Glasses/TVs will eventually be standardized to one format (it looks like passive circularly polarized glasses are the current trend) or the other because otherwise the incompatibility will continue which will be annoying for situations where only one format is created. Then again, it looks like Autostereocopic TVs are going to start coming out soon so the standardization may not need to happen at all (Autostereoscopic TVs typically use a spliced image with lenticular lenses or parallax barriers and no glasses).

5Deck.com, May 24, 2011
Ask a Question