Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by ChrisMohrSr, Jul 25, 2012.

1. ChrisMohrSr

ChrisMohrSr Member

Allow me to introduce myself. I am an 83 year old retired photographer and public relations representative. I have used the same Stereo Realist camera since 1952.
    I now have the Aiptek i2 3D Camcorder and the DXG-5F9V 3D Camcorder. The Aiptek software will convert your 3D video into red/cyan anaglyphs, but the DXG-5F9V will not so anything I shoot with the DXG cannot be seen in 3D until I get my Vizio E3D420VX 3D HDTV which may arrive this Friday.
    I would like to communicate with anyone who fits into this discussion or has any questions for me.

ChrisMohrSr, Jul 25, 2012
  2. ChrisMohrSr

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Hello Chris and welcome to the forums - I've not got any of those same components, but wanted to pop in to the thread and say hello anyway! :)

Have you got any of the stereo photos that you first took in the 50's still? It would be great to see them!

Ian, Jul 25, 2012
  3. ChrisMohrSr

ChrisMohrSr Member

Hi Ian,
    I've got a little under 4,000 stereo slides. Every one I ever took that I felt were good enough to keep.
    I don't use the Stereo Realist anymore because of film and processing costs. Then there's the task of mounting them. Finally, there's the wait to get the film roll back before you even know what you've got. I'm afraid I've become a slave to the pixel.
    I'd be happy to post some on the Forum, but I'm not sure which is the best way to go about it.
    I'm certainly open to any suggestions.

4. ChrisMohrSr

ChrisMohrSr Member

Hi Ian,
    I've got a little under 4,000 stereo slides. Every one I ever took that I felt were good enough to keep.
    I don't use the Stereo Realist anymore because of film and processing costs. Then there's the task of mounting them. Finally, there's the wait to get the film roll back before you even know what you've got. I'm afraid I've become a slave to the pixel.
    I'd be happy to post some on the Forum, but I'm not sure which is the best way to go about it.
    I'm certainly open to any suggestions.

Ask a Question