Acer GR235H thoughts?

Discussion in '3D Computing' started by simon00says, Feb 1, 2012.

1. simon00says

simon00says New Member

Hi was wondering if anyone has had the chance to check this monitor out!

Was thinking about getting it but just though i'd get as much info as possible about it :)

One of the main reasons i am considering buying this monitor if for me to be able to watch 3D movies in my bedroom which can be stored on my pc.

The problem is does this monitor support side by side 3d and if not what movies can i watch on it?

Sorry about the noobiness but gotta start somewhere :)

Thanks Simon

simon00says, Feb 1, 2012
  2. simon00says

Terry Bruce New Member

I bought the GR235H about a month ago from Maplins, they might have edited it now but their web site said it had a DVI input, it hasn't, there is 1 VGA and 2 HDMI inputs plus an input for the onboard speakers, I found these to be very poor quality but I suppose if you want quality sounds then you use the sound system on the PC. I run 2 operating systems, Win 7 and Ubuntu Linux and so far cant fault the screen, it comes with a CD that has a utilities program for Win 7 that lets you alter just about everything. Reading between the lines I'm sure it does support side by side 3D but haven't had a chance to test this. That's not much info but anyway......I'm happy with it, hope that helps a bit.

Regards Terry Bruce.

Terry Bruce, Feb 4, 2012
  3. simon00says

nelly New Member

Hi guys ive just bought this monitor and can say its the best investment for the money i have ever purchased,2d on this monitor is great crisp clear bright picture.
    now this is why i signed up to tell you about the 3d WOW WOW WOW.it turns normal 2d films,pictures,ect.ect into 3d with a built in 3d converter i was very impressed by the conversion,but oh boy change the setting to 3d side by side and get ready for a mind blowing experience.i downloaded avatar 3d from the net OMG the depth perception and pop out affect is awesome.it supports side by side.top and bottom and framepacked 3d.no heavy shutter glasses very comfortable passive glasses like you get at the cinema you can watch for hours with no eye strain,some people get slight eye strain which is solved by swapping the left and right eye images.

so if your thinking of taking the plunge into the 3d monitor market i can fully recomend this monitor.3d passive will be the future of 3d not active shutter(flicker ,eyestrain,weight and price ouch)that impressed i am now going to buy a 3d passive 3d tv

nelly, Apr 19, 2012
Ask a Question