3DTV finally in the home!

Discussion in 'News' started by chrisamackinnon, Jan 22, 2010.

1. chrisamackinnon

chrisamackinnon New Member

chrisamackinnon, Jan 22, 2010
  2. chrisamackinnon

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums Chris!

As it's your own article, please just say in future as it looks like spamming otherwise ;).

That was an interesting read, and a good intro to those interested in 3D technology.

Did you see the selection of 3DTV's available at CES this year?

Ian, Jan 24, 2010
  3. chrisamackinnon

kneedragon88 New Member

Great article, it was a really interesting read. I was looking it over and I was wondering something. It looks like the majority of the in home tv's will be used with the shutter glasses, other than the probably higher price, why can't the tv's use the technology that is used in movie theaters and use the "regular" glasses?

kneedragon88, Jan 27, 2010
  4. chrisamackinnon

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums kneedragon88 :)

The glasses you use in the cinema are usually made from polarizing filters, as these restrict the light (image) that each eye can see from the screen.

It isn't easily possible to make a polarizing monitor, so shutter glasses are a cheaper and still quite effective solution.

You sometimes get polarizing projector setups used in home situations, however these are quite expensive. :)

Ian, Jan 27, 2010
  5. chrisamackinnon

HerniaBay Member

I've read reports that the "shutter glasses" struggle a bit when switching between 3D and 2D vision

HerniaBay, Mar 31, 2010
Ask a Question