3D Ready TV List

Discussion in '3D TVs' started by fawn, Aug 10, 2009.

1. fawn

fawn Member

I have just read on here that 3D television is going to be available next year, so I can only assume that there will be plenty of 3DTV hardware available by then.

Some of the articles mentioned that there are 3D capable TVs out already, but how do we know if we have a set that can do this already? I have a Samsung LE40B651T.

Any guidance on this issue would be most welcome.

fawn, Aug 10, 2009
  2. fawn

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Hi Fawn and welcome to the site!

Yes, there are several "3D Ready" TV's out already, primarily ones by Samsung and Mitsubishi. You can tell as they have the fact that they are 3D capable listed in their spec's sheet.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like your TV is 3D Ready from what I can see.

I'll aim to compile a list of 3D Ready and 3DTVs in the coming weeks, as I think it will come in handy for other users like yourself :).

Ian, Aug 10, 2009
  3. fawn

fawn Member

Thanks Ian. I can't find anything in the manual about this, so I guess I'm out of luck!

fawn, Aug 10, 2009
  4. fawn

Ann Whiting New Member

Hi Fawn, I don't know yet about what hardware is available for 3DTV viewing, but I have just got in contact with a group in Switzerland that is projecting a 3D TV channel over the next year . They must be thinking about how to get that content "into the home", so I'll let you know what they can tell me about their hardware recommendations.

Ann Whiting, Sep 6, 2009
  5. fawn

Freke1 New Member

Hallo

Hi
    There are many Samsung and Mitsubitsi DLP TV's that work in (checkerboard) 3D (available in US) and a few Samsung Plasma TV's (available also in Europe) like the one I have: Samsung PS50B450.
    There is a complete list here:
    http://www.3dmovielist.com/3dhdtvs.html

Freke1, Dec 20, 2009
  6. fawn

kiapp New Member

kiapp, Mar 5, 2010
Ask a Question