3D Projection

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by barry5054, Aug 11, 2009.

1. barry5054

barry5054 New Member

3D projection and projection screens. Screens with a suitable surface are difficult to find. I understand that Da-Lite have a new front projection surface - 3D Virtual Grey. Has anyone tried this?

Barry

barry5054, Aug 11, 2009
  2. barry5054

studio3D New Member

They've had Virtual Gray for a long time, unless they've changed it... last I checked, it's dark and ghosty. Best material for the $ I've seen is Harkness Hall, but no tripod option.

studio3D, Aug 11, 2009
  3. barry5054

barry5054 New Member

3D projection screen

I didn't realise that to be the case, Da-Lite talk about it as a new prduct. I decided to approach Harkness Hall who agreed to provide me with a 6ft square tripod mounted screen - at my own risk.

Thanks for contibution

barry5054, Sep 28, 2009
  4. barry5054

steve6t6 New Member

Alternative to expensive screens

Hello

I have been looking into a more cost effective method of building a non-depolarizing screen, I heard it suggested you could build your own using metallic paint and some sort of transparent matt finish to reduce glair. I just bought a paint from Goo Systems called ultra silver 3D that is supposed to be purpose made for this task, still 1000ml and the base coat set me back £200, so still not the cheapest solution.

steve6t6, May 26, 2010
  5. barry5054

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums, Steve :D

I'd be really interested to know how you get on with your homemade screen - have you started using the paint yet?

Ian, May 26, 2010
Ask a Question