3D Editing

Discussion in '3D Video' started by PremComms, Aug 2, 2010.

1. PremComms

PremComms New Member

Hi everyone

I work for a Video Production company and recently we have received questions from clients about 3D video, We work on MAC's with final cut and i could really so with some help on the 3D topic.

I just wanted to know how you would edit 3D in final cut, do i need a plug in that will convert my video to the many types of 3D? Would the client need to supply the separate left and right eye footage or do you simply shift one image to the right/left a bit?

All help will be greatly appreciated. :)

Jon

PremComms, Aug 2, 2010
  2. PremComms

albano New Member

Hi,

You'd work in two ways. Editing only one eye as a convencional movie in offline doing the stereo postroduction at last in a finishing tool doing all the different copies (side by side, anaglyph, two dirrefent clips...). Or work all the process in stereo 3D.

To edit in 3D you have more than one solutions.
    You can use FCP to make a sidebyside clip using the dashwood stereotoolbox plugin. Them edit it with a 3D display viewing in 3D.
    Also you can use too a Motion template to make the sidebyside.
    And at last you'd have the sidebyside directly on set. In my opinion it is more recomendable. And edit it as allways.
    I think the best way is finish in a finishing tool not to do in final cut.

Albano

albano, Apr 4, 2011
  3. PremComms

tonyfarley New Member

You need the Dashwood Plugin here. I use the $99 LE version and it works well.
    http://www.dashwood3d.com/

Here is a link to my first 3D video as well as a look at my Mac workflow, in which I have to boot into windows for one of the steps (yuk).

http://www.yosemitewithtony.com/2011/07/3d-tuolumne-grove/

tonyfarley, Aug 3, 2011
Ask a Question