SBS to Anaglyph Made Easy?

Discussion in '3D Photography Software' started by radi0j0hn, Jan 28, 2014.

1. radi0j0hn

radi0j0hn New Member

The ARCSOFT built-in software for some Viewsonic 3D Video cameras is CORRUPTED and cannot be installed. This may be why they are discontinued and being dumped for about USD$40.

This software apparently does not convert to anaglyph viewing on non-3D TVs, so I'm not sure what a loss that is.

[This unit is also sold/made(?) by Aiptek and you can DL software from one of their sites. Some links redirect you to ArcSoft, which also offers you a lot a other free software.]

However, I still can't find software to convert the side-by-side 3D of this unit to anaglyph. Any ideas?

While I teach and write about digital cameras, this is all a pretty new world to me. I do not have a TV that does 3D.

I may just end up printing stills that are SBS and using my old stereo viewer from my old military days learning to be an image interpreter! But I'd like to do some videos as well!

Thanks!

radi0j0hn, Jan 28, 2014
  2. I'm having this same problem. I purchased the ViewSonic 3D cam and it's apparently the same as the Aiptek and the software is corrupt. I do have a nice 3D TV, but I still want to be able to create anaglyph photos for some art projects.

Anyone have an easy program that can convert side-by-side to anaglyph like the ArcSoft program does?

I'm running Windows 8 btw.

Commodore Crush, Mar 14, 2014
  3. radi0j0hn

Jonathan Harrison New Member

Is this forum DEAD or something? Someone answer this man! ... no? Okay, then I will.
    I haven't tried this program, but a quick Google search found it.

http://www.movavi.com/videoconverter3d/

Try that one. Supports Intel QuickSync and nVidia CUDA for those who have it. I'd like for them to support AMD APP or VCE, but that's just me.

Jonathan Harrison, May 23, 2014
  4. radi0j0hn

alexi_drago Active Member

I've now got this camera, and the Aiptek, not much difference between the two but the built in software does install from the Aiptek but you're not missing much.

For stills I'm using stereo photo maker to convert to .mpo and anaglyphs, it let's you make some adjustments to the images too.

For video, I'm using stereo movie (video) maker. Unfortunately it doesn't load the MP4 files from the camera so I'm using cyberlink powerdirector (got that with another camera) to convert to mpeg2 which can then be loaded into SMM for 3D adjustments or conversion to anaglyph.

alexi_drago, Aug 31, 2015
  5. Sold mine awhile ago. Not worth the hassle. Saving up to get something a little more useful.

Commodore Crush, Sep 2, 2015
  6. radi0j0hn

alexi_drago Active Member

Very basic but I wouldn't say much hassle, it couldn't be much simpler. If I find I make much use of it, which I plan to do, I'll look for something better.

alexi_drago, Sep 2, 2015
Ask a Question