Preferred format for both parallel and crossed viewing?

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by uuglypher, Aug 1, 2016.

1. uuglypher

uuglypher Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg Is there a preferred format for posting to permit either parallel or crossed viewing?
    Of the two examples here, is one preferable? If so , which one and why?
    Thanks,
    Dave/uuglypher

uuglypher, Aug 1, 2016
  2. uuglypher

uuglypher Member

I'm really curious why, with more than 40 views by supposedly interested viewers, there have been no responses to a simple (I thought) question?

I'm a new member here, and am surprised at the sparse responses to the posts????

Thanks,
    Dave

uuglypher, Aug 3, 2016
  3. uuglypher

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forums!

The forums are pretty quiet at the moment so it can take a little longer for a reply, but we're hoping that with new members like yourself we'll be able to increase activity. The view count includes guest members that are reading but not posting. I may try sending out a newsletter featuring some interesting threads like this one to try and get some previous active members back on the site. Would you mind if I include a link to your question in it?

Personally, I prefer crossed eye viewing - I find parallel gaze much more difficult for some reason. Of course, feel free to post either (or both) formats :).

Ian, Aug 4, 2016
  4. uuglypher

uuglypher Member

Hi, Ian,
    By all means feel free to link to my post from your newsletter. The reason for my post was to find if there were a preference for either of the two formats I used, each of which permits using either mode of viewing.

It is my practice with each new image to prepare one format for on-line posting to permit either parallel or crossed-eye posting, and another format for only parallel viewing that also facilitates optimal viewing with a stereoscope.

Best regards.

Dave

uuglypher, Aug 4, 2016
    Ian likes this.
  5. uuglypher

uuglypher Member

These images are 2d to 3D conversions and are based on accentuation of selected monocular cues to depth (NOT upon "left eye view vs right eye view" disparity.
    Therefore, the two images can be viewed by either the parallel OR the crossed eye technique.

Dave

uuglypher, Aug 20, 2016
Ask a Question