Nintendo 3DS

Discussion in '3D Computing' started by Ian, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Is anyone here going to get the Nintendo 3DS console? It is apparently the most pre-ordered item on Amazon, which seems to be a sure sign that it's going to be popular!

This could be a great way of bringing affordable stereoscopic technology to the masses, which will no doubt help increase usage of the technology in other areas if it proves to be a success.

I'm not going to get one myself, as I wouldn't get much time to play games on it... however, I'm going to see if I can try out a demo unit for a bit as I bet it's good fun :D.

Ian, Mar 24, 2011
  2. Ian

5Deck.com Member

Yeah! It's great! Actually, my wife has been playing it since we got one because there's not a ton of starting software, but she liked Nintendogs 3D (Miniature Poodle and Friends). It's very cute the way the puppies jump out at you. It takes about a half second to get your head just right to see the 3D effect properly, but it works quite well. The thing I really like though is the 3D Slider. At first I figured, "What's the point of reducing a 3D effect, isn't there only one correct setting, 'On'". But once you play for a while and use it to tone the effect down it still looks really nice but is more relaxing for your eyes.

~Change is Silver
    Author of "How to Make a Holodeck" (5Deck.com) and Creator of Unili arT (UniliarT.com)

5Deck.com, Apr 7, 2011
  3. Ian

kifferei Member

I played my little brothers when he got it for christmas. It is a really impressive little device. The 3D really comes across well, surprisingly.Some really insane possibilities with this little system!

kifferei, Aug 14, 2012
Ask a Question