looking for a way to view FS on 3D TV

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by rebeltaz, Nov 25, 2014.

1. rebeltaz

rebeltaz New Member

I just purchased (six months ago) an LG LCD 3D TV (wow that's a lot of letters!). I still have a couple of dozen or so field-sequential videos from several years ago that I would like to watch on my new 3D TV. I have a 3D blu-ray player and a Raspberry Pi running RaspBMC. The operating system on my computer is Ubuntu.

I am familiar with bino and I know that it can convert the FS to SBS (side-by-side) video, but I my laptop does not have video output. I have also seen a bino plugin for XBMC, but when I try to install that, it tells me that dependencies are not met.

I have handbrake, so I can rip the videos from my original DVDs if necessary.

Is there any way to get RaspBMC to play these FS videos in a way that my LG TV can play them in 3D using the software / hardware that I have? If not, is there any way at all that I can accomplish this? Any help at all would be GREAT! Thanks...

rebeltaz, Nov 25, 2014
Ask a Question