3DTV Ghosting Consern

Discussion in '3D TVs' started by Conor007, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Conor007

Conor007 New Member

Hi everyone,

I’ll try be as brief as I can. I’m a huge 3D Blu Ray fan but my tech jargon isn’t great so please bear with me.

I have a Sony KD55X8505b Ultra HD TV. The 4K is fantastic. The passive 3D –unpredictable.

I don’t know if it’s the perfectionist in me but lately the 3D has started to disappoint. For example, blu ray review sites will give high praise to 3D releases like Pacific Rim, Monsters. Inc, Toy Story 2 and compliment them for having virtually zero crosstalk.

Eg: (At the beginning of Toy Story 2 when Buzz is jumping along the coins over that enormous chasm, the giant tower that disappears down into that chasm has a lot of ghosting surrounding it)

(Titles on screen two are never easy to read – you can see the left and right sides sitting next to eachother)

I can almost always spot crosstalk on my TV – normally it’s at the top left or the bottom of the screen. Blu Rays that are described as flawless still have it on my display.

I should say that the TV is in my bedroom and not living room – so I sit pretty close to it. But I’ve tried every possible seating position – along the zero axis etc and the picture is still unpredictable.

The middle of the frame is normally fine but I can’t take my eyes off the crosstalk out of focus in the background.

I’ve got a couple of questions

a) Am I missing something?

b) Are some Blu Rays truly exempt from crosstalk?

c) What’s the best seating position?

d) If the foreground is in focus, does that mean crosstalk is “allowed” in the out of focus background?

Thanks for your help. Any seating/calibration suggestions would be really appreciated.

Conor

Conor007, Mar 7, 2015
Ask a Question