3dsimulation

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by Brin, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Brin

Brin New Member

My Sony Bravia kdl42w829b model has a (I presume) 2d to 3d simulation. When I activate it the two images are nowhere near superimposed enough to be viewable through the glasses. I have contacted Sony but it has been like pulling teeth to get to the third reply which still refers me to the instruction manual but also says it is not supported on my model, they asked me for the model number even after I had included it in the first email.Why is it even included if it did not work?
    It just looks like it needs 'tuning in' to get the pictures closer. Does anyone know of a way to get this to work?
    I would like to say my wife and I really enjoy 3D and wish thee was ore broadcast material.

Brin, Jan 24, 2015
  2. Brin

alexi_drago Active Member

No, I have this TV too and it does not have 2D to 3D conversion. With some sources it will let you switch on the side-by-side or over-under 3D setting but all it does is display different portions of the source image, stretched, to each eye. These settings are specifically for stereo images which are placed side by side or above/below in the single source image.

alexi_drago, Aug 19, 2015
Ask a Question