3D Dpl projector + pc + active shutter glasses placed in front of the beam will be 3d?

Discussion in 'General 3D and Stereoscopic Discussion' started by Niflheim, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Niflheim

Niflheim New Member

Hello, I am new to this so I`m posting a theoretical question to see if it`s possible. So I have a Benq ms521p 3d projector that uses active shutter glasses. From what I understand when in 3D mode left-right movies are overlapped and the 3d glasses sync with the projector image and turn on/off left and right lenses to achieve the 3D efect. I was wondering if is it possible to make a setup like this: Projector beam and next to it -> left eye lenses from the 3D glasses -> right eye lenses from the 3D glasses. The lenses will be close to the beam that is projected from the projector. Something like this:
    Beam +(1 centimeter distance)+left eye lenses+ right eye lenses. (B | | ). Besides the fact that the brightness is dimmed by running the beam trough both the lenses, is is possible to eliminate the need for glasses?

Niflheim, Jul 22, 2014
Ask a Question