3-D players, movies, glasses? Please help new person!

Discussion in '3D TVs' started by fmitchelltx, Jan 26, 2015.

1. fmitchelltx

fmitchelltx New Member

I have been living under a rock for the past few years I guess! I live way out in the country here in Texas.

I purchased a Mtsubishi WD65738 television yesterday. It has 3D capabilities. I went to Best Buy today for another item. While at Best Buy, I asked the salesman about 3D on my television. He then took me over to a television in the store for a demonstration. He had my wife and I put on glasses and then he started thge demo. This was the COOLEST THING WE HAD EVER SEEN!

I now want this for my television!

The salesman recommended these glasses

DLP-3D-ACTIVE-GLASSES-FOR-MITSUBISHI-DLP-Series-TV-WD65738-WD60738-WD73638

and this 3D player:

Sony BDP-S5200 3D Blu-Ray BDPS5200 DVD Player Built-In WiFi, W Remote Control

I want to be able to do in my home what I saw at Best Buy today.

Are these good choices for glasses and player?

Obviously I know absolutely nothing about 3-D. What movies are available in 3-D? Does a 3-D unit replace my current Blu-Ray player? Can I get a subscription to Netflix or other similar service and view movies in 3-D? Which one is best? What movies would you suggest I start with? I like action movies and such. The wife likes chick flicks, etc. I see on Amazon that Top Gun and Titanic are available on 3-D. What new movies are on 3-D?

I just want to get up to speed on what I have been missing. Any information that y'all can provide to me about 3-D. players. glasses, movies, technology, etc. would be very greatly appreciated.

I am looking to purchase very soon, probably on eBay.

I really look forward to your responses.

Thank you very much!

Frank

fmitchelltx, Jan 26, 2015
Ask a Question